| bio |
schedule | about me
I am a professor of Computer Science
at Pomona College. I join Pomona in fall 2015. I currently chair the department.
My research interests include database theory and
database systems, management and search of semi-structured and unstructured
data, and analysis of social media data for technical and social insights.
- Recent publications:
- Jelle Hellings, Marc Gyssens, Dirk Van Gucht, Yuqing Wu:First-Order Definable Counting-Only Queries. In Foundations of Information and Knowledge Systems 2018: 225-243.
- Jelle Hellings, Yuqing Wu, Marc Gyssens, Dirk Van Gucht: The Power of Tarski's Relation Algebra on Trees. In Foundations of Information and Knowledge Systems 2018: 244-264.
- Jelle Hellings, Catherine L. Pilachowski, Dirk Van Gucht, Marc Gyssens and Yuqing Wu. From Relation Algebra to Semi-Join Algebra: An Approach for Graph Query Optimization. In the 16th International Symposium of Database Programming Languages. 2017: 5:1-5:10.
- Mayukh Das, Yuqing Wu, Tushar Khot, Kristian Kersting, Sriraam Natarajan, Scaling Lifted Probabilistic Inference and Learning via Graph Databases. In SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 2016. 738-746.
- Jelle Hellings, Marc Gyssens, Jan Paredaens, Yuqing Wu. Implication and Axiomatization of Functional and Constant Constraints. In the Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. 76 (3-4): 251-279 (2016)
- George H. L. Fletcher, Marc Gyssens, Jan Paredaens, Dirk Van Gucht, Yuqing Wu: Structural characterizations of the navigational expressiveness of relation algebras on a tree. J. Comput. Syst. Sci. 82(2): 229-259 (2016)